Sunday, November 20, 2011

One Month Old!

Bluma is one month old today. That month went by pretty quickly in some aspects, and dragged in others. I can count on my two hands how many times I've left the house during these last few weeks and still have a couple of fingers remaining. Those outings are going to be even rarer with the cold weather on its way. Today, it's in the 30s, so no walk around the block with Ms. B.

Still, I'm happy. Exhausted, but happy. Bluma has some nights where she'll sleep almost six hours at a time, and in general, she's easier to console. However, she still gets bouts of "colic-like" behavior. Lately, it's been during the day. Today is a good example, I finally got her to lay down for a nap for the first time since she woke up this morning at 7am after a pretty restless night. She's dozed off a few times since then, but no real deep sleep until now.

We're preparing ourselves for the holidays, there's a lot to plan but I'm excited. I'm nervous to traveling with Bluma. I'm not sure how many clothes or diapers and so on to pack. We'll probably end up overpacking but that's better than not having enough. I'm also nervous about the weather. Hopefully, we won't get hit with a blizzard.

At Target, we found Bluma a holiday dress. It needed to serve dual purposes for Hanukkah at our house and Christmas with the grandparents. It's adorable and I can't wait to put her in it!

...and Bluma calls. Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment