Saturday, November 12, 2011

She Grows


It's unbelievable how much Bluma has grown in the three and half weeks that she has been alive.



She was 7lbs and 12oz when she was born and 19.5" long. Now she is 9lbs 7oz and 21" long. Her head has gotten much larger as well. I don't know how big around it was when she was born, but now it's 37.5 centimeters.

Like I mentioned before, the first days were terribly hard. Now, we've sort of slid into a routine and while it's definitely not easy, it is wonderful. She's so beautiful and cute and amazing. Sure, all she does is eat, poop, cry most of the time, but for brief periods during the day she becomes so curious and adorable. She stares at my face in wonder and we take turns sticking out our tongues and crossing our eyes.

She's started looking at toys and enjoying the little songs that her rocker plays.



The other night, I went to the birthday party of our friend's son. He turned three. Watching him interact with everyone and be the star of the show was very entertaining but it also broke my heart. She is going to keep growing, keep getting bigger and it's going to happen so fast. I can't dwell on it too long or else I get tearful. I know it sounds ridiculous, but every single moment and day with her is so precious and time won't stop passing.

For example, her umbilical cord is mostly healed. My daughter now has a belly button. She's started using a pacifier and gives it hell when she's frustrated. Her first bath has happened.



This picture shows how confused I was for that first bath. How do you clean something so small and delicate?



Luckily for her, I've gotten better at it.

Even on those late nights when she insists on being held and my whole body begs for sleep, the thought that she's constantly changing isn't forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment